Do you ever have:
- Trouble sleeping because you can’t seem to shut off your brain?
- Imaginary arguments with friends and colleagues?
- Certain thoughts that keep repeating themselves?
If this sounds like you, you may be having problems grounding yourself.
All the technology we have along with the 24-hour news cycle can really keep our brains revved up, disrupting our sleep which only makes the problem worse.
Sometimes we unknowingly will try to ground ourselves by over-eating or shopping compulsively.
When clients tell me they can’t turn off their brain, I tell them to picture roots growing out from the bottoms of their feet, going in to the ground and branching out far and wide. These roots can then tap in to the grounding energy of the planet, and draw up that energy in to the feet, legs, root chakra, sacral chakra, and anchor it at the solar plexus chakra.
You can ground yourself on your own by doing the following:
- Take a walk in nature.
- Eat food that comes from the ground – potatoes, carrots, beets, etc.
- Plant a garden.
- Do a craft project – knit, create a fairy garden, paint a picture or make a scrap book.
- Take a break from technology – especially social media.
- Spend time brushing your pet.
- Use Essential Oils – Grounding is a great blend and any pine essential oils are good for grounding.
It’s important to do these things on a regular basis. We are constantly being ungrounded so we need to re-ground ourselves regularly. Pretty soon you will notice when you are feeling ungrounded, and you will crave activity that grounds you.